Saturday, May 2, 2015

Can You Handle The Truth?

What is “The Truth?” There have been three proposed routes to such in human history: philosophy; theology; science. Out of these, only one stands out: science. Science has proven itself to be the best tool humanity has developed in our search for “The Truth.”

I have committed myself to the promotion of science.  If you find anything that you disagree with on this blog, please ENGAGE me. What do I mean by that? You challenge ANYTHING on this page, you had best present EVIDENCE in support of your position,.and STAY WITH ME through my questions, my answers to your responses, etc. If you can't handle the heat, bye-bye.

Should you choose to challenge me, please ponder the following, as it will be the core of our discussion:

Do you accept science? If so, do you accept everything it says on all matters? If not, why not?

Is there anything that is better than evidence to determine the truth?

How do you define faith? Is faith belief without evidence? If not, what is it?

If you use faith to support your belief, why should I accept your belief over others in the same category (i.e. religion, medicine, or reality in general)?

If you are engaging me from a theist perspective, outside of religion, do you use faith in support of anything else? If not, why not? If you do, why do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels


Click on image

Choose how you look at reality wisely. Yes, it is a binary choice.

Choose how you look at reality wisely. Yes, it is a binary choice.
Click on image