Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Conspiracy Theories

I want to summarize my thoughts on the matter of conspiracy theories and include a link that I believe aids in understanding the phenomenon from a psychological perspective.

 First, here is my take on the matter.  Yes, there are legitimate conspiracies in government, corporations, and other large organizations.  As the truth is revealed, appropriate judgement can be make based on the evidence known.  However, presently, the term "conspiracy theory" applies to claims unsupported by evidence.  It, essentially, is no different than what I have been challenging in all areas of human experience since joining the internet:  Claims must be supported by evidence or I will not accept them.  Regarding conspiracy theories involving large organizations that the proponents claim are true, but without supporting evidence, all I can say is, it is improbable that such a group, or groups, can conspire in the matter suggested by the claims when there are no credible whistleblowers.  Please note, I am not saying the conspiracies are false, only that there is not enough evidence for me to accept the claims.  They could be true, but, without the evidence, who knows?

This will shed some light on the subject.

http://counterpoint.uk.com/project-publications/the-psychology-of-conspiracy-theory/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels


Click on image

Choose how you look at reality wisely. Yes, it is a binary choice.

Choose how you look at reality wisely. Yes, it is a binary choice.
Click on image