Sunday, March 20, 2016

Overuse Of Antibiotics: When A Medical Issue Hits One Personally

Many legitimate medical issues do not elicit strong emotional responses because one has not experienced them.  Yes, we feel bad for the cancer patient, or the military veteran with PTSD.  However, unless one is directly involved through personal experience or contact with a loved one, one tends to file it away under, "That's sad."  I recently was notified that I have two bacteria in one of my shoulders that are very resistant to known antibiotics and may cause me permanent pain and disability.  I will only say, please don't think that this can't happen to you.

Why Antibiotic Use Scares Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels


Click on image

Choose how you look at reality wisely. Yes, it is a binary choice.

Choose how you look at reality wisely. Yes, it is a binary choice.
Click on image