- Complete resolution of symptoms
- Full return to activities of daily living
- Radiographic evidence of healing
- No tenderness to palpation at the injury site
- Optimization of the athlete’s nutritional, biomechanical, hormonal and psychological status"
SCIENCE (from the Latin for 'knowledge') informs wisdom, reason and humanism. This is a 4-legged worldview within reality that maximizes well-being for individuals and society.
Tuesday, September 27, 2016
Stress Fractures And Return To Sport
"In our recent paper ‘Taking a holistic approach to managing difficult stress fractures’ in the Journal of Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery and Research, my team at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center presents greater context for a holistic approach, along with criteria athletes should consider before returning to sport. They include: