Thursday, January 25, 2018

Yes, I Do Realize That My Blog Will Not Change The Minds Of Most

What's on my mind? How difficult it is to change beliefs. My recent interlocutor on my blog did make the valid statement that the evidence is thin that preaching to the religious and other purveyors of pseudoscience has a significant effect. So, why do I do what I do on my blog and on Facebook? Frankly, I have had many periods of depression over such. That said, what should I do, give up? I am just committed to telling the truth. If that only means supporting us like-minded folks, I will accept that as a worthy goal.

2 comments:

  1. Seems reasonable. I don't think many of do what we do because we expect to change minds. The way I've started to look at it is that we are helping to create an oasis of reason. Some will appreciate it, and most will not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the support, Jack, I do appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

Labels


Click on image

Choose how you look at reality wisely. Yes, it is a binary choice.

Choose how you look at reality wisely. Yes, it is a binary choice.
Click on image