Saturday, June 2, 2018

Are You A Racist? Before Answering, Read This Post

I grew up in a culture of white protestantism in a suburb of Boston, MA (Lexington). I never met a person of ANY color but white in my town. Our family was Catholic and we were in the minority religiously (the Pilgrims, the Puritans, morphed into the Congregationists who were the majority).  My point? Even though I was never "taught" to be racist, as I became an adult, I did have some discomfort in the company of people of color and even the Jewish.  Have I COMPLETELY shed such deep emotions? Since I really understand how the mind can fool us, I honestly have to say that even as a 73 year old progressive, I consciously have to suppress deep feelings toward the "other."  If you think you are different than me, you do not understand how the brain works. I am humble enough to admit it and fight it, are you? Understand reality through science. Get above your "feelings."

Racism Not Always by Racists

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels


Click on image

Choose how you look at reality wisely. Yes, it is a binary choice.

Choose how you look at reality wisely. Yes, it is a binary choice.
Click on image