Friday, October 17, 2014

Introduction To This Blog


Belief without evidence, no matter the topic, is from our ignorant, superstitious past. With modern science and information technology, there is no excuse for it.

Evidence (used by science and its methods) will always lead to a better understanding of reality than dogma. In religion, alternatives to medicine and all other pseudosciences, there is an explicit denial of the demonstrated supremacy of evidence in understanding reality. 

Please read SCIENCE IS NOT JUST ANOTHER OPINION  and  EVIDENCE OVER DOGMA.
- - -
This blog was a continuation of my previous blog,  http://ratioprimoris.blogspot.com/, which addressed a wide spectrum of topics under the banner of reason, and has been inactive for a few years, but has been available and still is (some great stuff).  During this hiatus, I had been concentrating on my Facebook page, www.facebook.com/thom.raff.  However, for a variety of reasons, I most recently focused on this blog.*

If one would review in depth my three internet efforts (the two mentioned above and this blog), one would get a good understanding of my background, my beliefs and rationale for such, as well as topics I find interesting and important.

With the above in mind, please understand that this blog is focused on science** (in its narrow and broad sense) and what I think is important information regarding its application.  The harm from religion, alternatives to medicine and other pseudosciences is particularly addressed.

Please feel free to respectfully comment on any posts, or send me an email:  thom.raff@gmail.com.  

Tom Rafferty

- - - - -
** Knowledge about or study of the natural world based on facts learned through experiments and observation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels


Click on image

Choose how you look at reality wisely. Yes, it is a binary choice.

Choose how you look at reality wisely. Yes, it is a binary choice.
Click on image