Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Think Of The Possibilities If All Were Science Based Thinkers

A friend of mine, who is as high a quality of a person one could meet but also a strong Evangelical Christian, sent me the follow message:

  • "Alright my friends...PLZ READ THIS AND FORWARD IT TO EVERYBODY YOU KNOW WHETHER THEY ARE CHRISTIAN OR NOT ...THIS BILL WILL AFFECT THE ENTIRE UNITED STATES IF WE DON'T STOP IT EVERYTHING STARTS IN CALIFORNIA AND IT SPREADS ACROSS THE UNITED STATES I HAVE READ THIS AND LISTENED TO IT AND IT'S LIBERAL LEFT-WING GOVERNMENT AND GOVERNOR IN CALIFORNIA HAS A BILL TO BAN THE SALE OF THE BIBLE BECAUSE IT IS CONSIDERED HATE SPEECH!!!!!! THEY ALSO WANT TO TELL YOU WHAT YOU CAN THINK AND WHAT YOU CANNOT THINK WHAT YOU CAN READ WHAT YOU CANNOT THIS HAS GOT TO STOP. IF YOU KNOW YOUR BIBLE EVEN JUST A LITTLE BIT YOU ARE BOUND TO KNOW THE KINDS OF THINGS THAT WILL BE COMING NEXT SO PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO EVERYBODY YOU KNOW WE HAVE TO MAKE A HUGE OUTCRY TO STOP THIS."
She was talking about the article of focus in this Snopes report:  (link). 

I told her that Snopes has debunked this.  She replied that she heard that Snopes is not always reliable.  I replied, "You are being misled. I know your political and religious persuasions and you have the choice of exploring the real news or continue to be misled."  Instead of blowing me off, she replied, "Just courious, who do you consider is the "real" news?"  I replied, "Perusing my blog page on the subject will give you what you need. Good reading!! https://understandrealitythroughscience.blogspot.com/p/res.html" 

She ended the conversation with 👍.

I only partially kidded to my wife that our common friend will be so convinced that my way of looking at reality is so correct that she will invite me to speak at her church and the congregation will also be convinced and the church will shut down.  Pie in the sky? How about just do your best and perhaps there will be a Butterfly Effect.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels


Click on image

Choose how you look at reality wisely. Yes, it is a binary choice.

Choose how you look at reality wisely. Yes, it is a binary choice.
Click on image