Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Atheists, Please Don't Be Discouraged

If you have closely followed me, you know that I was a Devout Catholic and I considered myself to be a skeptic before I dumped religion. I had ONE co-worker decades ago who was respectful, engaging and truly was a friend. He essentially was a life-long atheist. Prior to this interaction, the only "open" atheist I had come in contact with was truly evil. Can you see why it took me so long?

We parted professional ways but stayed in contact. He was amazed after an email I sent him when I told him I was no longer a theist but an atheist. Why did I make such a drastic change? Because of the seed he planted as a close friend, which allowed me to explore the internet with an open mind. I think you can see the lesson here. My friend who started the ball rolling may chime in or not here.  It is his choice.

If you are beginning to open yourself up to atheism, or recently have taken the big, anxious step of accepting that you are an atheist, this article is for you.  Also, these statistics should give you some comfort:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels


Click on image

Choose how you look at reality wisely. Yes, it is a binary choice.

Choose how you look at reality wisely. Yes, it is a binary choice.
Click on image