Thursday, June 2, 2016

Note To Atheists: Here Is What I Have Done In These Situations

In my local atheist Facebook page there have been several posts complaining about how theists relatives ask them to attend baptisms and/or other purely religious ceremonies.  Here is how I handle it in my family.

If the function is a school graduation, a wedding or a funeral I attend but do not participate in any way with the religious aspects of the gathering. If the function is anything else, I will never go. My family accepts my position because I presented it to all of them years ago in a loving and respectful manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels


Click on image

Choose how you look at reality wisely. Yes, it is a binary choice.

Choose how you look at reality wisely. Yes, it is a binary choice.
Click on image