Sunday, July 1, 2018

Former Atheists Who Are Now Catholics

As anyone who knows and/or follows me knows, I was more Catholic than the Pope most of my 73 years. The internet "Saved" me from the bullshit of religion. Since leaving the Catholic Church, I have been following and interacting on several Catholic websites. One, in particular, is EWTN.com.

On this website is a section that highlights folks coming to the Catholic faith from other worldviews. I have commented on a few former atheist's entries regarding how they could possibly go in the opposite direction as me. Reading their testimonies, the consistent finding was that they had a crisis and, instead of studying why most of us are atheists, they went with their feelings and the influence of those around them. Sad.

What I really learned from this effort is that, even though we atheists are a small minority, many are not science-based thinkers. Perhaps we should be spending more time proselytizing our own toward science-based thinking.

Note to atheists who are not science-based thinkers: Theism is Incoherent.

What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels


Click on image

Choose how you look at reality wisely. Yes, it is a binary choice.

Choose how you look at reality wisely. Yes, it is a binary choice.
Click on image