Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Is "Social Justice Warrior" A Pejorative?

I consider myself an advocate for social justice. Why? It is clear to me that there are deep, conscious (and unconscious), systemic prejudices in our society against a wide variety of minorities, for example:
  • Blacks
  • Hispanics
  • Jews
  • LGBTQs
  • Women
This Wikipedia page presents the evolution (?devolution) of the SJW ("Social Justice Warrior") term. While some people indeed have wrongly gone from attacking the social injustice to indiscriminately attacking whites and males generally as whole groups, I wonder how representative that is. As far as I can tell, most people who use SJW as a pejorative are conservatives, who tend to turn a blind eye to the ACTUAL systemic inequalities. Thus, without objective evidence of wide-spread attacks by SJW on whites and males as groups, I don't approve of using SJW as a pejorative. As always, if I am presented with sufficient evidence, I will change my opinion on the matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels


Click on image

Choose how you look at reality wisely. Yes, it is a binary choice.

Choose how you look at reality wisely. Yes, it is a binary choice.
Click on image